Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Witch Outpost

I've fallen behind (already). Supposed to be at 5000 words; I'm at 2000+. But I have to say, I'm really pleased with this plot and the people in it. It's really fabulous. And I have a notebook which has over 10 pages of notes already. I am not "just writing". I go back, edit, embellish. An evolving growing story is very encouraging, getting the juices flowing. I haven't found the murder yet, but I know where it happens. Just not who it happens to.

Meet DOUG:
"He had an “Aw shucks, ma’am” attitude, which she found charming. Thinking this, she smiled brightly to encourage him. “Just started working a job here in Tucson, a couple of months. Live upstate, not married, honest.” Natty laughed at that. “You can call my Mom.”
“You live with your mother?”
“No, no,” he said quickly and laughed. “She knows all the news that’s fit to print. My Dad, not so much.” He smiled wryly. “Your turn.”

No comments:

Post a Comment