Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Symbolism of the Dragonfly


The dragonfly is sacred to both the Native tribes of the Plains and the Japanese, among others. As a creature of the wind, it represents change. Its wings are sensitive to the slightest breeze; it's meaning to us that we too are driven by outside forces. Dragonflies live near water, symbolic of the subconscious mind. They hover over water, as if getting the complete thought, a deeper thought. Dragonflies live such a short life, their final message to us is seize the day.


This is a site What's-Your-Sign.com I am interested in, as it deals with "Symbolic Meanings Galore!" I will peruse it another time.

Why dragonflies? I am putting together a Wicca/Celtic/Witchy charm bracelet. I am in the midst of a real manic period (I had 17" of hair chopped off. 'Nuff said.) I have a nice dragonfly charm and I recalled that the dragonfly has sacred symbolism. So it goes on the charm bracelet. Natives also believe the dragonfly is the carrier of souls.

The mania of course centers on spending. I have ordered enough products from Vista Print that will have me handing them out on street corners. I'll let you know which ones. C'mon by, say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment