Sunday, August 30, 2009

What to write...

Should I complain about my new upstairs neighbors and their barking dog? Why would you put a medium sized dog on the second floor? I pay my second month's rent tomorrow, which only reminds me I have eleven months left. I HATE CONFRONTATIONS but I will say something. In case I seriously have to take a broom to my ceiling to get them to JUST STOP IT! When they use the toilet, it sounds like a tsunami. & it seems they only have sex once a week. They're young! We're talking separate bedrooms by their 40s.
Note to self: Buy a broom.
The other thing major in my life: iTunes. Yes, I am hooked. I have downloaded Shark Week, a couple of eps of x-Files, NCIS, PSYCH and some discovery specials on Tattoos and the origins of Vampire lore. & cooking podcasts. Also, my beloved Scene/Unseen (glad Chris is back) and the Rotten Tomatoes Show is excellent.
All because of my new MacBookPro. After the Amtrak bus driver (no train station in Las Vegas) heaved my old beloved Mac under the bus, it's never been the same. So I use it for movies.
I have discovered a quote that I hope will motivate me:

"On a day no different than the one now dawning, Shakespeare sat down and started Hamlet, Leonardo stepped to an easel and made the first strokes of the Mona Lisa, and Beethoven took out a sketchbook and began the Ninth Symphony." adapted from Robert Richardson, Emerson A Mind on Fire.
Scheherazade might be up first!

No comments:

Post a Comment